In this video, Pete Zerger explains Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) registration requirements and options in Azure Active Directory Premium, as well as how to configure unique MFA settings for different groups in your organization.
- [Instructor] User registration is an important part…of multi-factor authentication with Azure AD Premium.…This information is applicable to all three identity models,…cloud identity,…synchronized identity,…federated identity.…Cloud identity use standalone.…Synchronized identity is where we synchronize…on-premises identities to Azure AD.…And federated is where we implement…ADFS to enable validation of credentials…against our on-premises active directory.…You can require users to register,…which means they'll be redirected…to the My Apps page on their next log in.…
In the Azure Classic Portal,…the only option is to enable this for all users,…and it also states this is not currently supported…for Office 365 sign ins,…but there's no option to enable for groups.…If your org purchases Azure AD Premium Plan Two,…you'll actually gain more control.…When you go into the Azure AD Identity Protection Portal,…then click on Settings,…you'll find a multi-factor authentication section…with the registration menu.…And here, you'll see registration status,…
In this course—the first in the series—Microsoft MVP Pete Zerger takes you through the basics of setting up endpoint protection. He begins by explaining how to set up Azure Active Directory Premium. Next, he goes into enabling multi-factor authentication, followed by setting conditions for secure access. To wrap up, Pete covers managing mobile devices with Intune, and publishing applications with Azure AD App Proxy.
- Setting up Azure Active Directory for an organization
- Enabling user-level and application-level multi-factor authentication
- Setting conditions for secure access
- Planning a mobile device management (MDM) strategy
- How Intune (standalone) MDM works
- How Intune mobile application management works
- Publishing applications with Azure AD App Proxy
- Assigning users and groups