Join David M. Franklyn for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure Log Analytics service, part of Microsoft Azure: Management and Security Essentials.
- [Instructor] In this demonstration, we will configure…the log analytic service.…When we added the OMS trial, it created…a log analytic workspace for us.…Subsequently, the environment I had before,…based on the Azure pass, expired, so I created a new…free subscription, a free trial, using the same web address…that we showed you earlier, of the free trial.…But, in any case, I have this new free trial,…and I've also already added the OMS trial to it.…
Now, we talked about the workspace before, referring to it…as the OMS workspace, but it is also considered…a log analytic workspace.…So if we look right here, we have one that I already created…with the OMS free trial, called LinkedDev1803.…It's a log analytics workspace.…And if we go to it, you see it shows an OMS workspace.…So an OMS workspace, of course, is the workspace in which…we would do all of our log analytics and other things from.…
The reason why the name is changing, that is part of…the nomenclature ongoing in Microsoft Azure.…Though, not to be confusing, you will see it in some…
- What is Operations Management Suite (OMS)?
- Deploying and configuring OMS
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Analyzing Log Analytics data
- Using OMS to monitor an on-premises environment
- Identifying critical updates
- IT Service Management Connector