When sensitive data needs to be secured, encryption at rest is a requirement. In this video, learn how the disk of VMs can be encrypted.
- [Instructor] Last thing we are going to cover … in this module would be actually a discussion … about Azure Disk Encryption. … So one of the important part for many customers … is that data is secured. … And data can be secured in many ways can be secured … or encrypted at rest. … Meaning that when the data is stored on a disk … it is encrypted, it can be encrypted inside … the virtual machine, it can be encrypted on transfer, … so when I send the data from one point to the other, … data can be encrypted. … Now Microsoft introduced the manage disks and once … they introduced that all the encryption … is done automatically. … So all the data at rest, when you use manage disks, … it is already encrypted using Storage Space Encryption. … Now what that means is that if you don't really worry … that much about security, you already get a lot … of security out of the box. … But there are situations when … you really want to make sure that data … is encrypted both inside the virtual machines, …
- Implementing solutions that use virtual machines
- Options for creating virtual machines
- Creating a virtual machine using PowerShell
- Configuring Azure Disk Encryption for VMs
- Running a batch job using PowerShell and CLI
- Creating and running a batch job using .NET