Discuss options on how to deal with drift, in particular we look at how this process can be automated.
- We want to bring the power of desired state configuration, … or DSC, into Azure. … Let's look at the service we'll be adopting … to aide in our deployments. … Azure Automation is a service … that allows us to manage repeatable and prolonged tasks. … This could include tasks that would run via timer jobs, … based on scheduling or even event-driven ones, … which would be based on web hooks. … It can run against Azure and on-premise environments … and even on Linux. … Now it's a large service … and I encourage you to explore further. … I'm going to focus on some specific areas. … Two items I want to mention include process automation … and source control. … The process automation scripts can be written graphically, … through Python or PowerShell runbooks. … That should get your attention, … as DSC is based on PowerShell. … The last item I want to mention, … is that runbooks can be checked into source control. … Once in source control, … we can integrate it into our DevOps deployments. …
AuthorGurinder Singh Mann
- Developing an infrastructure strategy
- Managing technical debt
- Managing Amazon Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Deploying applications on AKS
- Scaling your Kubernetes clusters
- Implementing infrastructure as code
- Deploying Azure resources via Terraform
- Implementing security and compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure for DevOps: Dependency Managementwith Gurinder Singh Mann47m 5s Intermediate
Who is this course for?1m 4s
1. Infrastructure and Configuration Management
2. Manage Kubernetes Service
3. Implementing Infrastructure as Code
4. Implement Security and Compliance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.