Explore a demonstration of how to write code that is conditionally compiled, allowing it to work between platforms.
- So the scenario we're gonna look at on your machine ...…Tell us a little bit about what's happening here.…- [Man In Blue] So first of all, I'm just gonna show…really, really simple code.…In this class I'm showing…some of the directives I'm using…that are actually inbuilt in the Unity engine.…And these are really to show that…you can exclude code, in this case,…that is built for Android or Webgel ...…
And the code that we're writing is just the one…that would be deployed in Windows 10.…As you can see the Unity WSA 10 directive.…- [Man In Black] So how do we in the project determine…which one of those pods is gonna get taken?…- [Man In Blue] Well, in this case,…it's based on the platform that has been selected…in the build option.…So if we go back to Unity and we go on file,…build settings, we can see that the platform…that has been selected is the universal Windows platform.…
If we were to select Webgel, for example,…and press on switch platform,…it's going to do a bit of magic.…And if we go back--…- [Man In Black] Ah ha! Look at that.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.