Wrap up with what has been learned from this chapter and where you might go next.
- Alright, thanks for showing us that, Elliot.…That's awesome.…We look forward to you coming back to join us…to talk about some other amazing things…that we can do in mixed reality shortly.…- Yeah, awesome.…- Thanks for watching this.…We hope that you use the audio, the speech,…in your mixed reality applications.…It does take the application to the next level.…Putting audio into your application…helps you create an environment that feels more realistic,…feels more natural, and as Elliot pointed out,…gives you some hints as to where things are located.…
You can hear something before you can see something often.…And using speech is a great way to control your environment…in a space where you don't necessarily…have the typical keyboard mouse interaction…that get on a computer.…And the controllers are limited…in what they can necessarily do…in terms of buttons and movement.…And you may want other actions, modes, that you can go into.…So we hope you enjoyed watching this.…And we hope you join us again for the…next episode of mixed reality training.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.