Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Cloud migration paths, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] So when an organization looks at…going into the cloud, taking advantage of all…of the great things that it offers.…We're removing from on-premises into a cloud-based thing.…We think of platforms of service as being…kind of an ultimate goal of taking advantage…of everything that the cloud can offer,…but sometimes if you have hundreds of applications,…or even thousands of applications,…maybe that's not the fastest path.…There are other ways that we can get to the cloud.…Azure offers infrastructures of service running VMs,…where I can literally take the application machines…that are running on-premises with my current data center,…and I can just move them into the cloud and run them as VMs.…
Sometimes we call this lift and shift.…There's also containerization,…which is a newer kind of a concept where people are looking…at how they can take the applications,…and instead of taking entire VM and running it in the cloud,…they just want to take the dependencies,…and they want to be able to package it up,…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage