Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video CAP theorem, part of NoSQL Development with DocumentDB in Azure.
- [Narrator] SQL versus NoSQL.…I would be really surprised…if there is a team in the development world…that hasn't had this discussion.…Need for scalability has increased tremendously…in the last decade.…With the advent of mobile, tablet, and Internet of Things,…a relational database management system…is not the best to scale out.…SQL databases, in general, are great at scaling up…but not scaling out.…NoSQL or not only SQL, databases…are geared towards outer scaling.…
The intent is simple.…Scale out with commodity level machines…that don't require high processing power, memory,…or even hard drive space.…Amazon claims that just an extra 1/10 of a second…on their response times will cost them one percent in sales.…And Google claims that half a second increase in latency,…which is just 500 milliseconds,…causes their traffic to drop by a fifth.…And that's a few billion dollars.…There are psychological studies that indicate…that a user starts getting impatient…if the web request on the screen…takes more than just 200 milliseconds,…
- Back-end scaling fundamentals
- Fallacies of distributed computing
- Consistency models
- Data migration
- DocumentDB with .NET and Node.js
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Backend Scaling Fundamentals
2. Get Started with DocumentDB
3. DocumentDB with .NET
4. DocumentDB with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.