In this video, explore implementing the gaze using the Unity Camera. The gaze you build is able to work with both 3D models in the scene and UI objects such as buttons.
- So how do we build gaze?…Clearly we know where the headset is,…so let's go cut over to your machine and see.…Now, we've got a bit more complex scene…that you've built here.…- [Stefano] Yeah, so, I've prepared this scene…by using two different kind of objects.…One is an actual 3d representation of something.…So in this case, it's a lamp, right?…So we want to be able to look at the lamp…and have some sort of feedback that says,…"You're looking at this lamp."…But we also want to create the same functionality for UI.…
So in this case, I've created a simple button…that says "Look at me," and when you look at this button,…the button will change color.…- So how do we make that work?…We can use...…We learned how the headset is essentially the camera, right?…So this game object is you're moving around,…the camera sits inside the game object.…So I would've thought as a programmer,…I want to know which direction is the headset pointing in…and where does that go to,…so what's in that direction…so that I can see what's in that path.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.