This video builds a scenario for this course and any upcoming ones. It describes a fictitious company called WorldTravellerTV and its hierarchy.
- [ Narrator ] Now that we've discussed the technical and business characteristics of Azure AD. Let's switch gears and dive into the process off Provisioning an Azure AD tenant. I list out the pre-records that you would need for an ideal deployment and perform a few demonstrations, where I'll walk you through the exact steps involved in the creation of a brand new Azure AD tenant. My intention behind including these demos is to show you easy it is spin up Azure AD as opposed to getting window server active directory server up and running. That should hopefully make you appreciate the product better and motivate you to try it out yourself. There are mainly two Azure AD deployment scenarios. Enterprise Organization and Small-medium Businesses. Every organization will partially or entirely fit into one of these two categories. Here's how I define them. Enterprise organizations are those which have a significant on-premises infrastructure present. It could be serves, networking devices or storage devices. Where as small-medium businesses have very little to no infrastructure present on-premises. Then for identity and access, enterprise organization have Window server active Directory domain services running. Where as small-medium businesses do not have any active directory services setup. That means enterprise organizations have a centralized domain environment for administration. With group policy and everything. Where as small-medium businesses relay on a more independent work-group environment for functioning. Enterprise organizations have an Interconnected directory hierarchy. By that I mean there are one or more forests, domains, sites, federations, trusts, all that stuff. Where as with small-medium businesses, you do not have any of that complex stuff. It's basically a non-interconnected structure. These two broad categories are for reference only. It's not a hard and fast rule that every single criteria should be met to be put into one of these two categories. If the majority of the trades match, that should be enough and depending on which one of these two scenarios your environment falls under. It will decide your Azure AD deployment strategy. There are two deployment strategies available, one for each scenario. For enterprise organization we will implement a Hybrid cloud strategy. In this plan you will provision an Azure AD tenant and intergrade it with your existing on-premises infrastructure using the Azure AD connect tool. So, both environments will co-exist, be able to share identity information and support workloads together. The distribution of the control and workload across the two environments is adjustable depending on your needs. You will need the AD connect tool to implement the strategy correctly. On the other hand for small-medium businesses, you will implement a cloud only strategy or also what I like to call a standalone cloud strategy. In this plan, since there is no on-premises structure present. Azure AD will function independently and host all workloads. The full control of the environment recites in the cloud and there's no need to use the AD tool because there's nothing to connect to it, right? Now that we have the deployment strategy part cleared, here's what I'm going to do. Imagine a small business named WorldTravellerTv. It's a travel company that runs a web series showcasing popular tourist destinations and sells travel packages. It's headquartered in Hyderabad, India and has 10 employees. Nine of them are Heather, Audrey, Rae, Kali, Chris, Brian, Tracey, Matt and Yash, the tenth one is me, Kunal, the IT Administrator. We will be provisioning an Azure AD tenant for these 10 users of WorldTravellerTV.
- Using the Azure AD Connect tool
- User and group management in Azure
- Azure AD security features
- Azure AD support for open standards
- Provisioning an Azure AD tenant
- How Azure AD may affect infrastructure costs and growth
- How Azure AD impacts employee efficiency