Explore the ability of Translate Text API to break apart longer paragraphs into smaller sentences.
- [Instructor] Now, while we're doing all…of these translations you may have noticed…that we're passing them as a get request…and there is a finite length to how big…this request can be.…Certainly, it's not suitable for extremely large documents.…So you probably want to break this sentence by sentence,…that's one way of solving this.…And another way of solving this is being able…to send a whole paragraph at once.…So first let's see the ability for the translate text API…to break a longer text into smaller sentences.…
Let's see how that works.…So let's go down here and create a new function…called breakSentences(longText: string)…const requestOptions is equal to getRequestOptions…and now I'll simply say request our get…to the config.speech.translateTextAPI.endPoint,…/BreakSentences?text=…I'll put a quote there,…and I'll say encodeURIComponent because…we are passing it as a URL, so whatever…input text was given to us.…
Plus, what language are we working in?…Language, and I'll just go with English…but you can test with other languages if you wish.…
- Text Analytics API
- Detecting language using text analytics
- Detecting key phrases and sentiment
- Bing Spell Check API
- Translator Text API
- Writing code for translating between languages
- Performing text-to-speech
- Language Understanding (LUIS)
- Writing code to create a LUIS app
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developerswith Sahil Malik1h 42m Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. Text Analytics API
3. Bing Spell Check API
4. Translator Text API
6. LUIS Authoring APIs
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.