Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Boosting, part of Azure Search for Developers.
- [Instructor] Before we move on to showing an example…that does boosting or scoring,…I'd like to remove some of this code.…Every item returned in search result…happens to have a score associated with it.…Scoring refers to the competition…of a search score for every item.…Scoring algorithm is internal to search engines…and is called the ranking algorithm.…At the end of the day,…score of an item simply indicates it's relevance.…
The higher the score, the higher the relevancy…of that item in that particular search.…However, there are times…because of the needs of the business…we might have to customize the search results.…In order to do that, we need to create a scoring profile.…As we saw earlier, a scoring profile…is part of the index definition…and it needs the index definition to be updated…if the index has already been created.…A scoring profile is composed of weighted fields,…functions, and parameters.…
In order to use the profile,…we will need to work with textWeights…and I'm going to say equals new TextWeights…
- Querying and indexing
- Creating a search service
- Using APIs during searching
- Importing JSON data
- Handling synonyms
- Working with suggestors and facets
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Azure Mobile Serviceswith David Isbitski2h 17m Intermediate
1. Search Fundamentals
2. Azure Search
3. CRUD Operations
4. Advanced Search Functionality
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.