To demonstrate the usage of the Vision API, we will use a Node.js-based project. In this video, start the process of setting up that project.
- [Instructor] Now as you just saw…that I registered the Vision API inside of my Azure portal…and extracted these bits of key information…that I need to be able to call this API.…I put this in Notepad,…I'll shortly make this a part of my code,…code that'll be a Node.js project.…But as I mentioned earlier,…that calling these API is a matter of calling REST APIs,…so if you are following this course in say, C#,…or any other language, it's just a REST API,…so you can modify the code accordingly.…
I'm going to go ahead and create a directory here…called visionAPI, and inside of this API,…this is just a Node-based project,…so I'll say npm init --yes.…I'm using Node version 8.4, and NPM 5.x,…and I went ahead and created a simple project here.…Let me go in and enhance this project a little bit.…As I mentioned earlier, that what I want to be able to do…in this project is simply call a REST API.…
The simplest way to make calls to REST APIs…inside a Node-based project…is to add a dependency called request.…I'm going to go ahead and add a dependency to request 2.83,…
- Exploring the possibilities of the Vision API
- Submitting an image to the Vision API for processing
- Asking the Vision API to recognize faces
- Working with the Speech API
- Writing speech-to-text code
- Working with the Language API
- Getting languages for translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS) concepts
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 2with Scott Peterson50m 17s Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Design Advanced Applicationswith Sharon Bennett1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Vision API
2. The Speech API
3. The Language API
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.