Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Azure virtual machines, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] So, in this section,…we're going to talk about the offerings that Azure has…in Infrastructures of Service.…Specifically, we're talking about going out…and creating virtual machines that run inside…of our data center, whichever one we choose.…We, provision it by going through some simple steps…of picking an image.…There's several images we can choose from,…whether it's our own custom-prepped image,…or it could be one that we download…from the gallery in Azure.…The gallery has hundreds of different starting points,…including machines that just have Sequel on them…to particular applications.…
We then choose how big…of a machine we want to run it in.…What day, general purpose, compute optimized, etc.…There's a lot of choices around that.…And, then we go out and boot the machine…by creating the new disk in storage.…And, we run the machine.…There's a lot of benefits of running…virtual machines inside of Azure.…The choice of images are vast,…there's a lot of different things we can do.…It also supports extensions, which we can run against…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage