In this demonstration video, learn how to back up an Azure virtual machine via the virtual machine blade from the Azure portal. Also learn how to configure a backup schedule.
- In this lesson you will learn how to back up…an Azure virtual machine.…As you can see, I've already logged into Azure.…I happen to be in the resource group,…and in the virtual machine blade for BackupDemoVM.…You'll need to scroll down under settings,…all the way down to backup.…And now we can go ahead and configure our backup.…Our first option is we can create a new…recovery services vault or we can select an existing.…Go ahead and do the down arrow.…And you'll notice that we only…have the one recovery services vault.…
I created that in our last lesson where we installed…the Azure backup agent on a server.…I'm going to go ahead and use…that same recovery services vault.…Next I can go ahead and configure the backup policy.…I can use the DefaultPolicy,…which will back up daily at 1:30,…and it will retain those backups for 30 days.…Or I can go ahead and create a new policy.…Let's go ahead and do that.…We need to provide a policy name.…I'm just going to call it LinkedIn Learning Backup,…or LilBU for short,…and I can go ahead and change the backup frequency.…
Note: As an intermediate-level course, an existing understanding of the Azure platform is required. The course can also serve to deepen the skills of IT professionals wishing to prepare for Azure certification.
- Monitoring Azure solutions
- Operations Management Suite, Azure Service Health, and Azure Application Insights
- Azure regions and domains
- Designing a recovery strategy with Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup
- Configuring and deploying your recovery strategy
- Azure Automation use cases