Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Azure templates, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] So we've seen how we can deploy…a virtual machine from the portal.…There are other ways that we can use, as well,…specifically, we can use the Azure Resource Manager…Templates, or ARM Templates.…What these are is it's a JSON file that describes…all of the resources that make up that system…and that deployment.…And we can configure parameters for input and output,…we can have dependencies.…We are able to basically go out and add things…like application tags and maybe other databases…and multiple machines and storage accounts.…
A template can describe all of the items…in a resource group,…or it can just be one of many templates that deploy to it.…In order to use this, we can deploy it from…a couple different ways, one is creating the template…when we are in the portal.…We can actually view the template…and then edit it, download it and save it.…But then we can use PowerShell to go out and…do that actual deployment.…PowerShell is a great tool for scripting up…and making sure that the deployments work…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage