Join Tiago Costa for an in-depth discussion in this video Azure storage queues overview, part of Developing Long-Running Tasks with Microsoft Azure.
- [Instructor] So with Azure Storage Queues, … we can decouple our components, … because this will act something that we're going to have … in the middle between a web and a worker component. … Of course we can also build for resilience, … so that in the case of one of the workers … or the web client applications will fail, … the storage queue will act when something … that will really store … and keep the transactions over there. … And of course, … scale for bursts in demand. … In this case, … when we're scaling something … for unpredictable burst for example, … the queues are very good way to interact … with the worker. … Then the worker will then be able scale, … because we're going to have something in common … will be the storage queue. … Talking about endpoints. … So talking about Azure Storage Queues endpoints, … we are always going to have an endpoint … of the type that it's http or https. … Then the storage account name that you give … when you created a storage account.queue.core.windows.net, …
- Creating and using Azure Storage queues
- Using Azure Service Bus queues
- Security for Azure Service Bus queues
- Creating and scheduling WebJobs
- Creating Azure functions
- Running Azure Batch workloads
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure DevOps First Lookwith Jose Miguel Rady Allende17m 30s Beginner
Scaling Applications with Microsoft Azurewith Tiago Costa1h 30m Intermediate
What you should know1m 10s
1. Azure Queues
2. Azure WebJobs
3. Azure Functions and the Serverless Era
4. Large-Scale Parallel Compute
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.