Sharon will demonstrate how to configure Azure Site Recovery. This process includes configuring the Azure Recovery Vault, setting up the host server, selecting virtual machines that require protection, and configuring recovery plans for failover. The failover and failback options will also be outlined.
- [Instructor] In this demo I'm gonna provide…an overview of the Azure Site Recovery service.…I have already pre-configured the service within Azure…and I have set up the agent on server 2012 R2…to protect a virtual machine.…We are gonna start in the Recovery Services vault in Azure.…I had named this vault LyndaASR.…Within this vault you're going to notice…that I have one item that is being replicated.…If I click in this Replicated items dialogue box,…I will be provided some information…about the replicated virtual machine.…
In this case it is called LyndaDemo,…and right now it is protected.…If I click in a little bit further…I now have some details about this particular…virtual machine that is being protected.…I know it's a Windows operating system,…I know the storage account that the virtual machine…has been replicated to, it's called LyndaASR,…I have a replication policy called LyndaASR…associated to this virtual machine.…One of the nice things with ASR,…when it evaluates your on-premise virtual machines,…it will associate the appropriate size Azure virtual machine…
- Understanding cloud technologies
- Why Azure?
- Creating virtual networks and storage
- Using Azure Active Directory for identity management and protection
- Disaster recovery with Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery
- Working with virtual machines