The cost of the solution is a major consideration for some companies when moving to the cloud. In this video, learn about how to estimate the cost of your solution.
- [Instructor] One of the challenges … of cloud computing in general is understanding … how your monthly bill for services is calculated, … predicting future trends, and controlling costs. … So, how does Azure calculate your bill? … Consumption-based pricing is a real trend … in cloud computing, and there are definitely ways … to save money only paying for what you use, … but you can also spend more money than you expect … if you're not careful. … Different services within Azure will have different … pricing models. … One of the downsides to cloud computing pricing model is … that pricing is not straightforward … or predictable as it used to be. … So, instead of paying a fixed $100,000 per month … for server hosting but being limited in what you can do … but you also then don't have … to worry about sudden surprises, … now you need to plan for those things. … When you design a solution for Azure, … in general, most of the components … of that solution will have a consumption-based price …
- Azure compute options
- Regions and availability zones
- Advantages of cloud computing
- Azure virtual machines
- Virtual machine scale sets
- Functions and logic apps
- Reserved instances and hybrid option
- Dev/Test licensing
- High-performance compute
Skill Level Advanced
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 46s
1. Azure Compute Basics
2. Computing Options
3. Managing Costs
4. High Performance Compute
5. Management Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.