Azure Backup is an agent-based process. Knowing which operating systems can be backed up and how to configure them provides a foundation for business continuity for your business.
- [Narrator] Let's take a look at the Azure Backup process.…Now, it's important to understand just the key overview,…and in other videos in this chapter,…I'm going to step you through each…of the steps in this process,…but I want to give you just a high level overview…of what the process looks like.…After you sign up for your Azure subscription,…the first thing you'll do, as we mentioned before,…probably the most critical concept,…is create your Azure recovery services vault.…After you create that vault,…you'll step through just a couple of wizards,…and you'll download your backup agent…and your vault credential file.…And, once again,…the backup is the tool that does all the heavy lifting…and all of the work for backing up and recovering your data.…
And the vault credential file…actually ties your on-prem environment…to your recovery services vault inside…of your Azure subscription.…After you get that installed…and everything's registered inside your environment,…then you just proceed to do your backups.…So, you can set schedules for this,…
- Examining platform choices
- Creating the Recovery Services vault
- Installing the agent
- Configuring the agent
- Installing Azure Backup Server
- Configuring Azure Backup Server
- Testing failover
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Security Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 50m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Active Directory (2016)with David Elfassy2h 1m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Networking Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 47m Intermediate
1. Azure Overview
2. Business Continuity Overview
3. Azure Backup
4. Azure Backup Server
5. Azure Site Recovery
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.