Join Tiago Costa for an in-depth discussion in this video Azure WebJobs vs. Azure Functions, part of Developing Long-Running Tasks with Microsoft Azure.
- So now that we saw was Azure WebJobs and functions … are and how can we create WebJobs and functions, … let's talk about a small comparison between the two. … So Azure WebJobs, they are running background … processing tasks. … They can be manual triggered, they can run on an schedule, … or they can run constantly. … We can code it in any language because what we'll need … is just a command line executable … that can be coded on every language that you need, … or we can have a script like a PowerShell or a Bash script, … and they can also trigger based on events from … other Azure services like for example a queue, … a service bus, or even a blob container … this using the Azure WebJob SDK. … When it comes to Azure Functions, … Azure Functions really shift the serverless architecture. … They are built on top of Azure WebJobs, … so when we are using functions under the wood … they are WebJobs. … They also have the option to run this … in an AppService Consumption plan. … This is great because you don't need to worry about …
- Creating and using Azure Storage queues
- Using Azure Service Bus queues
- Security for Azure Service Bus queues
- Creating and scheduling WebJobs
- Creating Azure functions
- Running Azure Batch workloads
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure DevOps First Lookwith Jose Miguel Rady Allende17m 30s Beginner
Scaling Applications with Microsoft Azurewith Tiago Costa1h 30m Intermediate
What you should know1m 10s
1. Azure Queues
2. Azure WebJobs
3. Azure Functions and the Serverless Era
4. Large-Scale Parallel Compute
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.