- Creating a storage account
- Shared key authentication
- Using shared access signatures (SAS)
- Granting privileges with stored access policies
- Managing the visible time property
- Queue metadata
- Queue access control (SAS)
- Performance constraints of Azure Queue Storage
Skill Level Beginner
- [Anton] Storage in the cloud is practically synonymous with blobs, but there is a lot more to it. Come take a look at Azure Storage Queues. Queues are the closest thing to email for applications in that queues allow for the sending and receiving of messages through queues, sort of like mailboxes but for applications. Queues help with several challenges in distributed computing, including load smoothing, and especially when two parties are not active at the same time. Come learn how to create a storage account with the essential security configuration to keep your data safe, including how to use the Azure portal and the hands-on command line tools, like Azure CLI and PowerShell.
My name is Anton Delsink. Join me and watch this course for a deep dive into Azure Storage queues.