- Serverless computing scenarios
- Provisioning IoT Hub services
- Provisioning and configuring an ASA job
- Monitoring job performance
- Provisioning an event hub
- Stream Analytics query language
- Creating, managing, monitoring functions
- Deployment options for functions
- Developing a Visual Studio function project
- Developing with Logic apps
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Mike] Serverless. Such a big deal, such a big buzzword, too. Everyone's talking about how serverless is going to change the way that we provision systems, but actually, when we talk about serverless, we know that the name, server-less, is a misnomer. It's not that there's a lack of servers. What it is, is it's a new way of leveraging modern architectural patterns to make sense of the enormous amounts of data that's generated by connected devices and systems. It enables us to focus just on our code and only pay for what we use. It also helps us make good decisions.
It's fast, efficient and scalable. It's the future. It's the cloud. Hi, I'm Mike Benkovich, and over the last few years in my role as a cloud architect and consultant, I've found that a lot of my work is focused on how to use these cloud technologies to process data quickly and efficiently. I've helped companies both large and small take advantage of serverless technologies to solve some really big problems. In this course, we're going to look at what these services are, how they're used, and the problems they solve.
We're going to build an example scenario of a weather station that'll ingest and process data and then send out alerts. We'll look at how these service components fit together and how to run them. So if you're ready to start your serverless journey, fire up your browser and let's get started.