Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Azure Search overview, part of Azure Search for Developers.
- [Instructor] Azure Search is platform as a service.…You get different kinds of APIs that you can work with.…That means it's fully managed for you.…It's very high performance.…At the same time, it's horizontally scalable.…There is really no upper limit to it.…Since a search engine is usually a NoSQL database,…it's automatically scalable out of the box.…And since Azure is a really good cloud offering,…that is something that we don't even have…to worry about anymore.…
It also comes with administration…using the Management Portal,…and it also comes with an API…that could be used for billing and a lot of other things.…At the same time, it comes with querying options.…Data import, we could do data import in two different ways.…One is using the Data Import Wizard…that is part of the Azure Portal.…Currently, it only supports Azure SQL Database…and then SQL Server relational data on an Azure VM.…It also supports Azure Cosmos DB,…previously known as DocumentDB.…
And it also supports Azure Blob storage,…as well as Table storage.…
- Querying and indexing
- Creating a search service
- Using APIs during searching
- Importing JSON data
- Handling synonyms
- Working with suggestors and facets
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Azure Mobile Serviceswith David Isbitski2h 17m Intermediate
1. Search Fundamentals
2. Azure Search
3. CRUD Operations
4. Advanced Search Functionality
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.