The Azure Key Vault protects keys and secrets that are used by cloud apps and services. In this video, learn how the Azure Key Vault is used to encrypt Azure virtual machines.
- [Instructor] In the last lesson,…we mention the Azure Key Vault.…In this lesson, we're going to briefly touch on it.…The Azure Key Vault protects keys and secrets…that are used by cloud apps and services, and typically,…it's leveraged by developers and security administrators.…The Azure Key Vault encrypts keys and secrets,…which are protected by hardware security modules, or HSMs.…When you use the premium service of the Azure Key Vault,…you can also import and generate your keys…in these hardware security modules,…and it uses the FIPS 140-2…level 2 validated HSMs,…or hardware security modules.…
Let's go ahead and take a look at the Azure Key Vault…that was created when we encrypted our virtual machine.…We're back in our resource group called secure resources,…and if we scroll down a little bit,…we will see our virtual machine,…and here is our mistype VM, VM for encrypt,…and as you may recall when we ran through the script…that we downloaded from GitHub,…one of the values that we had to enter was four,…the name of an Azure Key Vault,…
Studying for Microsoft certification? Topics covered here map to objectives on exam 70-534, Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions.
- Securing with managed identities
- Securing with hybrid identities
- Security with identity providers
- Identifying the right solution
- Designing a role-based Azure security solution
- Managing security risks