- Creating an MVC web app
- Publishing an MVC app to Azure
- Creating a SQL database on Azure
- Enabling migrations
- Updating an Azure database
- Changing the schema
- Exploring various types of Blob storage
- Creating Blob storage accounts in Azure
- Examining Azure statistics for monitoring Blob storage
Skill Level Beginner
- [Jesse] An essential part of Azure cloud storage is working with data, both relational and binary. The relational database of choice is SQL Server, and the best way to handle binary data is with BLOB storage. Hi, I'm Jesse Liberty, I'm a Microsoft MVP and the author of two dozen books and as many instructional videos. I'm an independent software consultant, mentor and programmer. In this course, we'll take a code first approach to creating a relational database on Azure. We'll create an MVC application, and then publish it to Azure.
We'll then create a SQL database that will link to our asp.net application. Next we'll go on to explore creating and working with BLOB storage.