- Installing Azure Data Studio
- Running SQL Server on Docker
- Connecting to Azure SQL Database
- Organizing connections
- Backing up a SQL database
- Writing SQL queries in the T-SQL editor
- Outputting query results
- Creating custom code snippets
- Working with Azure Data Studio sidebars
- Creating insight dashboards
- Customizing your user and workspace settings
- Learning terminal basics
Skill Level Beginner
- [Adam] There is no denying the important role of databases, but they've long been the domain of IT professionals who specialize in database development and maintenance. Azure Data Studio is a recent program from Microsoft that brings the power of databases to a wider audience. Azure Data Studio is a modern, cross-platform management front-end for interfacing with one of the most robust database platforms on the market, SQL Server. It's easy to deploy and use, and it's opening doors so everyone can better leverage databases in their everyday work. Hi, I'm Adam Wilbert, and I'm excited to introduce you to Azure Data Studio.
In my LinkedIn Learning course, I'll show you how to connect to a database server, create data tables and edit data, and demonstrate how to leverage Azure Data Studio's code editor to work with Excel. We'll also explore insight widgets and custom dashboards that provide a big picture overview, and we'll dive into extending Azure Data Studio's capabilities to fit your unique requirements. If you're ready to jump in, join me at LinkedIn Learning for Azure Data Studio Essential Training.
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
SQL Server 2017: Linux, Docker, and macOSwith Adam Wilbert1h 44m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Manage SQL Server Connections
3. The Transact-SQL Editor
4. Additional Sidebars
5. Leverage Insight Widgets
6. Customize the Workspace
7. Use the Integrated Terminal
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.