In this lesson, Sharon provides an overview of the Azure Backup Service, including the benefits, use cases, storage options, and constraints of the service.
- [Instructor] Let's take a few minutes…to explore Azure Backup.…We use Azure Backup to back up and restore data…to and from Azure.…And we can use it to replace our tape backups,…as our backups are now off-site.…And we only pay for what we use when we use Azure Backup.…And this is one of the few services in Azure…that does not have an egress charge.…That means you're not being charged…to move data out of Azure.…Azure backups are incremental.…They're not full backups.…
One of the really nice things about using Azure Backup…is that storage is automatically provisioned as required.…You do not have to procure a bunch of storage ahead of time…in anticipation of your backup needs.…Again, you're only going to pay for the storage…that is consumed by your backups.…And there's unlimited scaling within storage,…so your backups can grow as large as they need to be.…We do have two storage options for you…when you're configuring Azure Backup.…First of all, you can configure it…locally redundant storage, or LRS.…
When we use LRS storage, we have three copies…
Note: As an intermediate-level course, an existing understanding of the Azure platform is required. The course can also serve to deepen the skills of IT professionals wishing to prepare for Azure certification.
- Monitoring Azure solutions
- Operations Management Suite, Azure Service Health, and Azure Application Insights
- Azure regions and domains
- Designing a recovery strategy with Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup
- Configuring and deploying your recovery strategy
- Azure Automation use cases