Looking for study partners?Join the AZ-203 Azure Exam study group
Azure is a complex ecosystem. Diagnosing issues can be difficult with so many services and systems—but it's critical to get right. This course takes an Azure-centric approach to diagnosing, instrumentation, and logging with Azure applications. Instructor Sahil Malik explains how to use Application Insights to track and record exceptions; perform diagnostic logging; and view health, activity, and usage metrics in Azure Monitor. He also shows how to use Azure Monitor to track virtual machines and containers, monitor network conditions, and scale services automatically based on predefined rules. Plus, learn how to optimize your deployments with Azure Advisor security and performance recommendations. With these tools and tips, you can gain deeper insights into resources you have provisioned both on-premises and in the Azure cloud.
- Using Application Insights to track and record exceptions
- Viewing exception details
- Diagnostic logging
- Viewing activity logs in Azure Monitor
- Assessing service health in Azure Monitor
- Displaying parameters from VMs and containers
- Tracking network-related assets
- Estimating your bill
- Viewing security and performance recommendations
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Sahil] When you write applications for production use for a number of users in the cloud or otherwise, your eyes and ears is telemetry. Frankly, without telemetry, it would be like flying an airplane in the dark and fog without instruments. Pretty crazy, right? In this course, I explain all of the capabilities of Azure that are centered around diagnostics, instrumentation, and logging in Azure apps. I talk about topics such as application insights, log analytics, diagnostic logging, and finally, what truly brings it all together, Azure Monitor. By the end of this course, you will gain the superpowers to not only manage the various resources in your Azure subscription from a security, reliability, and best practices point of view. You will also gain the ability to lower costs and gain a much deeper capability to analyze all those resources you have provisioned in the Azure or other clouds, or even on premises. Hi, my name is Sahil Malik, and I hope you enjoy this course. Thank you for watching.