In the video, learn about the web app monitoring service, Azure Application Insights. The lesson includes an overview of what Azure Application Insights can monitor, as well as the workflow and various platforms that can leverage the service.
- [Instructor] Azure Application Insights…helps your web developers monitor their live web apps.…Azure Application Insights is an intelligent APM service,…otherwise known as application performance management.…This service proactively detects abnormal patterns.…You can then triage the issue,…determine the severity of the issue,…and then diagnose that issue.…Azure Application Insights provides instant analytics…that you can use for your ad hoc queries and visualizations.…
And finally, it integrates with DevOPs.…Let's take a look at the Application Insights workflow.…You or your developers will install…a small instrumentation package on the application,…as we can see here in our diagram.…This instrumentation package will monitor the application…and then send telemetry back to the portal.…You can then analyze the data in Application Insights…or push it out to other services…such as Power BI, Visual Studio.…
You may want to tie this into a Rest API or configure alerts,…or you can have it continuously export as well.…
Note: As an intermediate-level course, an existing understanding of the Azure platform is required. The course can also serve to deepen the skills of IT professionals wishing to prepare for Azure certification.
- Monitoring Azure solutions
- Operations Management Suite, Azure Service Health, and Azure Application Insights
- Azure regions and domains
- Designing a recovery strategy with Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup
- Configuring and deploying your recovery strategy
- Azure Automation use cases