Learn how to build scalable apps that can be deployed worldwide with Azure App Service.
- [Tiago] Have you ever wanted to build scalable solutions without managing the infrastructure? Azure App Service is the answer. In this course we will begin from the basics of Azure App Services up to some advanced features, like deployment slots, containers, and how to scale Azure App Services to support global distributed solutions using Azure CDN and Azure Traffic Manager. We will learn how to create and manage Azure App Services, how to scale app services in response to an increasing system load. We cover how we can add custom domains and how we can implement SSL on Azure App Services in order to encrypt all the traffic that our solution is going to use. Then, we cover how we can build solutions that can scale across regions in order to respond to global demand for our services. We will use Azure Traffic Manager and Azure CDN to achieve this. In the deployment chapter we will cover deployment best practices and how can we deploy using our own templates, Azure DevOps, and GitHub. The last chapter is just reserved for security where we cover authentication using Azure Active Directory, Azure App Services Backups, and how to monitor your Azure App Services. My name is Tiago Costa and I'm a cloud architect and advisor for Microsoft Azure. I've been working with Azure helping my customers by designing, architecting, and implementing solutions for more than seven years. Welcome to my LinkedIn Learning course.
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service