This video gives you an idea of how day-to-day administration of Azure AD works, contrasting it with Windows Server.
- [Lecturer] I have to admit, … this was one of the toughest videos for me to make. … I just couldn't decide among tons of things … that makes the Azure AD administration experience great. … What do I include and what do I leave out? … So I decided to put an example … of administrative features in each one of the categories … we've discussed so far. … In my personal experience, … it appears that the engineers at Microsoft … center the Azure AD administration on one theme, … which says, everything is smart today, … then why not identity? … Azure AD is a fully managed Identity-as-a-Service, … which means you don't have to worry … about maintaining domain controllers, … replication, downtime, nothing. … It's all taken care of by Microsoft. … That's one huge plus for administration. … Then even the AD Connect tool … that we deploy for hybrid identity … is lightweight and comes with its own health component. … So no worrying about deploying COM … or other third-party monitoring tools … to keep a check on its resource usage or uptime. …
AuthorKunal D Mehta
- Using the Azure AD Connect tool
- User and group management in Azure
- Azure AD security features
- Azure AD support for open standards
- Provisioning an Azure AD tenant
- How Azure AD may affect infrastructure costs and growth
- How Azure AD impacts employee efficiency
Skill Level Beginner
Microsoft Azure: Security Conceptswith David Elfassy2h 9m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Networking Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 54m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Active Directorywith David Elfassy2h 6m Intermediate
1. Azure Active Directory Fundamentals
2. Industry Standards and Compliance
3. Provisioning an Azure AD Tenant
4. Potential Business Impact of Azure AD Adoption
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.