Join David Elfassy for an in-depth discussion in this video Azure AD Connect, part of Learn Microsoft Azure: Active Directory.
- [Voiceover] Now let's talk about a topic…that's often misunderstood and that's…quite complex, or has been very complex,…in the past for many organizations,…but has been greatly simplified…recently in Azure.…Directory synchronization.…So, in this video, we're going to talk…a little bit about how directory synchronization…gets applied, what gets synchronized,…and how these functionalities…improve the experience of both…administrators and end users.…So first of all,…what is directory synchronization?…Well, directory synchronization is the ability…to synchronize our directories from…enterprises of any size that have…an on-premise solution to the cloud.…
Whenever we're referring to…directory synchronization in Azure,…what we're trying to do is take our objects…that are on a on-premise environment,…and those objects are used for authentication.…Essentially, we're talking about users…in groups, and synchronizing them…over to the cloud so that we can manage…them by using our Azure cloud tools.…So directory synchronization is really the…
Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) provides most of the rich functionalities of Active Directory, with the conveniences of cloud-based computing. Azure AD also offers developers a great way to integrate identity management into applications. In this Azure training course, David Elfassy introduces the terminology and feature set in Azure AD. He shows how to implement and manage user and group accounts, join client computers, and implement single sign-on and multifactor authentication. (Industry standard protocols such as SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, and OpenID Connect makes sign-on possible on a variety of platforms.) In the final chapters of the course, David reviews the more advanced reporting and features in Azure AD and Azure AD Connect, including syncing on-premise Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Understanding directory as a service (DaaS)
- Using Azure AD management tools
- Creating an Azure AD directory
- Managing users and groups
- Enabling Active Directory self-service
- Implementing Azure AD authentication
- Running Active Directory reports