This video gives you an overview of the AD Connect tool, which is used to bridge on-premises environments with Azure.
- [Instructor] Let's start with AD Connect. … I chose to start here because I want to walk you … through everything in a logical order that you typically … have to follow when you're holding out Azure AD … in your environment. … And there's a fairly good chance you'll probably … start with the AD Connect Deployment. … I say that because AD Connect integrates Windows Server … Active Directory on-premises with Azure Active Directory. … It serves as a bridge that connects the two environments … to give you a hybrid identity infrastructure. … So this tool needs to be installed and configured … before your users can repopulate it in the Cloud. … And although AD Connect is an Azure AD component, … it is installed on-premises on a member's server … preferably on one that's part of the domain. … The primary responsibility of this tool is to synchronize … user objects, group objects, and computer objects … from on-premises to Azure AD. … This is required so that when users who had created … on-premises try to access resources in the Cloud …
AuthorKunal D Mehta
- Using the Azure AD Connect tool
- User and group management in Azure
- Azure AD security features
- Azure AD support for open standards
- Provisioning an Azure AD tenant
- How Azure AD may affect infrastructure costs and growth
- How Azure AD impacts employee efficiency
Skill Level Beginner
Microsoft Azure: Security Conceptswith David Elfassy2h 9m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Networking Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 54m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Active Directorywith David Elfassy2h 6m Intermediate
1. Azure Active Directory Fundamentals
2. Industry Standards and Compliance
3. Provisioning an Azure AD Tenant
4. Potential Business Impact of Azure AD Adoption
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.