One of the big advantages of cloud computing is the ability to scale a solution up to handle a spike in traffic demand, and scale it down to handle a lull. In this video, learn about autoscaling.
- [Instructor] One of the big advantages to the cloud … that I mentioned early in this course … is the ability to reduce the amount … of wasted computing resources through scaling. … Wasted compute resources … are anything that you are paying for … but not using. … You can't eliminate all of the waste … but eliminating some of it … or most of it can save you a lot of money. … In a traditional hosting environment, … say in your own location or co-located at a hosting center, … you have a fixed amount of computing power … that you've bought and paid for, … even a fixed amount of RAM, … a fixed amount of disk space … and a fixed amount of bandwidth. … When you were doing your planning for this application, … you have to estimate how much computing power you needed … in the future. … You need reasonable estimates … for what you expected to experience. … And that's what you may for every month. … Let's call this your server capacity. … You might own four quad core CPU servers … with 16 gigabytes of RAM …
- Azure compute options
- Regions and availability zones
- Advantages of cloud computing
- Azure virtual machines
- Virtual machine scale sets
- Functions and logic apps
- Reserved instances and hybrid option
- Dev/Test licensing
- High-performance compute
Skill Level Advanced
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 46s
1. Azure Compute Basics
2. Computing Options
3. Managing Costs
4. High Performance Compute
5. Management Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.