Knowing the identity of all the actors interacting with your application or service is a core feature for most solutions. In this video, learn how authentication works and how easy it is to set up authentication for your Azure Web Applications.
- [Instructor] When it comes to … authentication and authorization of web applications, … we are going to use Azure Active Directory, … which is basically an evolution of … Windows Server Active Directory. … So the famous Active Directory that we used on-prem. … But, on the cloud, this was total rewrite of the service … using industry standards like OAuth and OpenID, … all made on open-source libraries. … And all of them are internet-friendly protocols, … not like the ones that we used … on Azure AD like kerberos or LDAP. … An interesting topic is also to understand … the difference between authentication and authorization. … In authentication, it's basically the process … where I'm going to prove that I am who I am. … When it comes to authorization, it's the act of granting … to an already authenticated security principle, … certain permissions. … You're going to have a permission … to read something on this scope. … So, this is the difference. … When it comes to web apps, … one of the first things that we need to do …
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 36s
1. Introduction to Azure App Service
2. Azure Web Apps
3. Managing App Service
5. Security and Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.