Azure App Service is one of the core PaaS services in Azure. In this video, get a general view of the service and its benefits.
- [Instructor] So, running HTTP-based applications … in Azure can be done using several Azure services, … like virtual machines, App Services, the Service Fabric, … or even running containers using ACI and AKS. … So, ACI stands for Azure Container Instances … and Azure Kubernetes Services. … If we run virtual machines, … virtual machines are the standard … Infrastructure as a Service offering that we have on Azure, … so we need to set up everything, … we need to configure and maintain all the infrastructure … where we are going to host our web applications. … And as you can imagine, that can be a very … time-consuming task. … With the App Service, so the App Service … is the Platform as a Service offering … where the service will offer us a platform … where we're going to host and run our applications. … Then, of course, we can just focus on … developing our applications … and not managing the infrastructure like we need … to do when it comes to virtual machines. … The Service Fabric. …
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 36s
1. Introduction to Azure App Service
2. Azure Web Apps
3. Managing App Service
5. Security and Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.