When creating an Azure App Service it's very common to have a business request the use of a custom domain name. In Azure App Service, it's possible to configure custom domain names to replace the standard domain names. In this video, check how you can configure custom domain names with Azure App Service.
- [Instructor] When we create an Azure web app, Azure … provides a default hostname, that usually will be the name … of the app .azurewebsites.net. … Most businesses don't want to run their web apps … under this hostname, they want to have a custom domain name. … So for this we can create custom domain names, we just … need to run our web app in a tier that is not the Free tier. … The Free tier is the only one that doesn't allow us … to run a custom domain under the web app. … So if you want to for example use www.linkedin.com … mycompany.com domains like this, you need to implement … custom domains. … This can be done by just using an A record … or a CNAME record. … You can just go to custom domains and you say well this … is the domain and all of the instructions, all the entries … that you need to put on your DNS server will be there. … So you just need to follow then the instructions … and make use of those instructions on your DNS server … and there you go, you have custom domains implemented …
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 36s
1. Introduction to Azure App Service
2. Azure Web Apps
3. Managing App Service
5. Security and Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.