Join Tiago Costa for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding custom domains to Web Apps demo, part of Azure Administration: Implement and Manage Application Services.
- [Instructor] So let's now let's add the custom domain to our web app. I'm just going to find my web apps. So if I just go to Resource groups. This is the Resource group that I want, and then I click on my web app. I'm in the overview blade of my web app, but if I scroll down here, I have an option that says custom domains. I'm in custom domains now. I have an option here to add a custom domain. And in my custom domain, I'm just going to put www.azcontoso.com. This is the domain that I want that my app starts to respond to this one. I will click Validate. And, if you wait a little bit, there you go. So, oh, you now need to prove the domain ownership. Okay, yep. Of course. Makes sense. So I'll just copy this. Now I'm going to my VNS entry for the azcontoso, where I can add this CNAME entry. So, there you go. This is my DNS. This is on configuration. If I click here, where this says Record set, I'll just say, Yeah, I need to prove that www.azcontoso.com, I want a CNAME entry for this in now. I will just type here the linkedinlearningdemo.azurewebsites.net And, I will just press okay. So, now that I have my entry in my DNS server, I need to go back to my custom domain blade. Now that I'm in my custom domain blade again, I will click again here under Validate. And now this validates and it sees that, oh yep, you own this, so I can click Add Custom Domain. And, when I do this, there you go. So our custom domain has been entered in here. Azcontoso.com. If I now open the browser, and I will navigate to www.azcontoso.com, I will see my website. So, let's see that. So I'm in my browser here, and if I just type www.azcontoso.com. So, there you go, you should see our web app. There you go. It's working with the custom domain.
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service