In the final episode of this chapter, learn how to implement a movement system that allows the user to selectively teleport to preset locations in the scene.
- We use teleportation as a way of going…almost to an unlimited number of locations…as long as they're within certain boundaries.…You could put like a plane, or some kind of boundary marker…and say, "As long as they're within this space,…"they can teleport anywhere."…How are we gonna do that?…How did enable this kind of ad hoc location teleportation?…- [Stefano] So I've loaded here my new scene,…but I'm gonna...…
Well yeah, we're gonna show you how to…move in space using teleportation…but by picking your own location,…or destination, like you said.…Here we really need just one class, one script,…and we're gonna use the teleport beacon again,…but this time the beacon will appear where you want,…and will disappear once you don't need it anymore.…
- [Neil] So this is very similar to the previous method,…but now instead of pre-placing the beacons,…you enable, as the developer, you're now…creating a mechanism to enable…the customer wearing a headset to use their controller…to place a new beacon somewhere,…or what feels like a new beacon…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.