Learn how the [[Window.width]] and [[Window.height]] properties work. Use [[Window.width]] and [[Window.height]] to make widgets the same size as the browser window.
- Axure has a couple of window properties,…Window.width and Window.height,…that will give us back the pixel dimensions…of the user's browser window.…So, if you've ever wanted to make your…prototype more responsive,…the window's width and height properties…are what you can use to move things,…resize things, and shift things…around based that browser size.…Let's take a look at an example…of how we can use that Window.width property…to make a navigation bar that stretches…all the way across the screen…even when the browser resizes.…Here in my exercise file for Nadia's Garden,…this first page is set up with an example…of a Top Navigation bar.…
It's just a simple dynamic panel with…a green background color.…To make this navigation bar stretch…all the way across the window,…I'll click to get on to the page inspector.…And then go the Properties menu…so I can use the OnWindowResize event.…OnWindowResize fires every single time…the browser window is resized.…Including when it first loads up.…So, it'll work anytime we wanna change something…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.