Use the [[text]] property to access the text on widgets. Use [[text]] in the Rich Text editor to change the color and size of text without changing the text itself.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll take a look…at how we can work with the text on our widgets…using the widget's text property.…I've got my exercise file open, here, from my chatbot…and when we preview it, you can see that…we've got a mobile app.…Because this prototype is sized for mobile,…it ends up looking really big in a desktop browser preview.…So, I'm going to use Command-minus…and resize my browser a little bit…so that I can actually see this prototype.…You can see that what we've got here is something…like a mobile app with a messaging feature.…There's a message here from the system…and when we type something back,…it looks like our message is popping up.…
Right now, though, our chat bubble just has…some placeholder text in it.…It's not showing what we actually typed.…So what we'll do now is grab the text from…this input field using the text property…and put it in this chat bubble before we show it.…So that our prototype looks more realistic.…I'll click on this send icon because…that's where all of our actions are set up…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.