Learn how to use the dataCount property to check and see if the repeater contains zero items, in order to show and hide a "Zero state" for a data table.
- [Instructor] If we've got a repeater where we can…delete different items, we might want to show something…different when there are no items left.…In this prototype, there's an archive button…with a confirmation module.…And it triggers a delete rows action and then deletes…that row from the repeater.…After all the rows are deleted,…we might want to show a message like this one,…letting the user know that there are no invoices.…We can set up zero states like this,…using the data count property.…Wherever our delete rows action is happening,…that's where we'll be able to check…and see if data count equals zero.…That would mean that there's no data left in our repeater.…
If data count is zero, that's when we would want…to show a zero state like this one.…And in this prototype,…the delete row's action is set up, here,…inside the archive confirmation panel…on this Yes, Archive button.…That's where we've got our Delete Rows action.…After that row gets deleted,…that's when we want to check and see…if there's any data left in our data set.…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.