Building forms always starts with a text field or two. We'll talk through creating a text field in Axure for a form.
- [Instructor] In some cases you may need…to build out a form in your prototype.…And the most common field in any form is the text field.…So what we're going to do in order to build out a form…on our page, and you'll note that most…of the Book a Room page has already been developed for you,…so we're really just going to drop the form…at the bottom of the page.…And so let's grab our text field and pull it in,…make it about the right size, we don't want it hugging…the side of our page here.…And then we're going to need a label, so let's scroll up,…pull in our label, and we'll name this Name.…
Now we can create the fields anything we want it to be.…You'll note over here in your Properties panel…in the text field we have different types,…so we have Text, Password, Phone Number,…Search, Month, so on and so forth.…So you can pretty much make it whatever you need it to be,…and you can also add hints.…So say, for example, I wanted to put in Name of Guest.…And now we may want to consider the hint style as well.…
So right now it's kind of this nice light gray,…
- Using widgets
- Setting up interactions
- Building an adaptive page
- Styling pages and widgets
- Creating forms
- Adding text fields, dropdowns, and check boxes
- Hiding and showing menus
- Creating carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketch: Mobile Design Workflowswith Diane Cronenwett1h 30m Intermediate
UX Foundations: Usability Testingwith Chris Nodder1h 29m Beginner
1. Axure Quick Start
2. Adaptive vs. Responsive Design
3. Style Your Pages
5. Adding Interactivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.