Use the indexOf() method to search and validate the text on an input field widget as the user types. Explore how to use .indexOf() along with toLowerCase() or toUpperCase() method when searching for a specific value.
- [Instructor] The indexOf method…is a string method that's going to let us…search inside any text string in our Axure prototype.…What this means is that any time…we have text in our prototype,…whether it's text on our widgets…or the text in an input field…or any of our repeater properties,…we'll be able to find out if that text…contains a specific character…or a set of characters.…And then we can set up interactions based on that.…In this video we'll be using this technique…on a sign-up page to see if the email address…that's been typed in contains an at symbol or not.…If there's no at symbol, then we can show…this hidden error message here,…it's called email error,…and tell the user that the email address…must contain the at symbol.…
For this example, we'll validate the email address…whenever the user clicks this create account button.…It's underneath this hidden panel here…which means it's a little annoying to select it.…Sometimes I like to select al the widgets…and then hold shift and select…just the ones I don't want so that I can get that button.…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.