Discover the difference between [[dataCount]], [[itemCount]], and [[visibleItemCount]], and when you might want to use each. Use [[visibleItemCount]] to show a "No Results Found" message when the user searches for a value and no results are found in the repeater.
- [Instructor] Repeaters in Axure are actually made up of…two different objects.…There's the Item object,…which are all of those individual items…inside of our repeater,…and then there's the Repeater object,…which is the repeater itself.…The Repeater object is the container for all of those items.…When we're looking at our list of repeater…and data set variables in Axure,…what we've got here is a combination of both item properties…and repeater properties,…and they're all mashed up together in one list.…So it can be a little confusing.…Up here at the top, these are the item properties,…but then down here, underneath where it says repeater,…these five properties are actually…properties of the repeater itself,…and there are three here,…visibleItemCount, itemCount, and dataCount,…that we can use to get information about…how many items are in our repeater.…
These three properties all give back…slightly different results, so let's talk through them.…VisibleItemCount is pretty self-explanatory.…It's the number of items that are currently visible.…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.