Discover that the [[x]] and [[y]] properties, along with the [[top]], [[left]], [[right]], and [[bottom]] properties are normally in reference to the canvas, but once a widget is inside a dynamic panel, the position properties are in reference to the panel instead.
- [Instructor] Most of the time the X and Y properties…as well as the top, left, right, and bottom properties…will give us the position of our widgets…in reference to the top left corner of our canvas.…I've got the exercise file open here…for position with dynamic panels…and you can see we've got a big square on the canvas.…It has an X and Y coordinate of 70-70,…and we've got an action set up on this button…to move our circle over to the…X and Y coordinates of our square.…When we preview you can see that,…that's exactly what's happening.…Our circle moves up to the top left corner of this square…at those coordinates of 70-70.…
When widgets are inside a dynamic panel though,…the X and Y coordinates change.…So if I take this square in the button,…and I wrap them inside a dynamic panel,…by right clicking and converting it to a dynamic panel.…Well now if I had double clicked to get inside the panel,…and I click on the square here,…I can see in the style panel…that it's X and Y coordinates have changed.…There now 0-0 they're not 70-70 anymore.…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.