Use [[Item.index]] along with the height of your repeater item to position elements that are outside of the repeater. An example of this is when the user clicks on the kebab/overflow menu icon, a drop-down menu appears in the right place.
- [Narrator] One way we can use the item.index property…is to position something…over a particular row in our repeater.…In this example I've got a table set up here in a repeater,…and there's a drop down menu that's outside of the repeater.…When I click on one of these drop down buttons,…I'd like to be able to reposition this menu…underneath whatever row I happen to be clicking on.…The reason you might wanna use one drop down menu here…and reposition it, instead of putting the menu inside…each one of your repeater rows,…is that the more widgets you have in your repeater,…the heavier your page load is going to get.…
Thinking about a repeater with 30 rows of data,…if you had a drop down menu with six options inside it,…that could be 180 extra widgets…your prototype has to load onto your page.…And the more widgets there are on your page,…the slower your prototype is going to get.…So if we're going to reposition our menu,…we'll need to think about how we're going to…calculate that position.…Each one of these repeater rows has a certain height.…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.