Learn how to modify a parallax scrolling effect for elements that are not at the top of the page, by adding the y coordinate to the [[Window.scrollY]] expression.
- [Instructor] When you want to set up a parallax effect…on something in your prototype…that isn't right at the top of the page,…maybe it's something down in the middle…of your prototype somewhere,…there's an extra step you'll have to take…to make sure the parallax works.…In my exercise file here, I'm going to preview it.…I've already got a parallax effect set up…on my background image up here at the top.…As I'm scrolling, that background image is scrolling…at a different rate than the rest of the site.…Now I want to add a parallax effect…on these lines over here.…I want this design element to look…like it's sort of floating over the content as I scroll,…so let's start setting up that parallax effect.…
When we're setting up parallax,…we can use the on window scroll event…and add a move action to move our widget,…and then move it to a factor of Window.scrollY.…That's what we're doing with our background image up here.…We're multiplying Window.scrollY by 0.5,…so now we'll add another move action for our line design,…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.