Masters are best used for creating consistent navigation throughout your application. Learning how and when to use them will save you a lot of headaches.
- [Narrator] I want to be sure you understand…exactly what Masters are…and why you'd even want to use them in your projects.…At the most basic level, a master in Axure…is a reusable chunk of content.…So, it's a group of widgets that will look alike…and behave exactly the same way,…no matter how many pages you place it on,…and no matter how many times you place it on those pages.…And when you make changes to the master,…they'll update automatically across every instance of it…that you've placed in your project.…
In this sense, masters have some similarities…to those custom widget styles that we saw earlier.…So, let's go ahead and make a master.…We're going to do that with our top navigation.…So, let's go ahead and select the items…in our top navigation here.…We'll right-click, Convert to Master,…and let's just call this Navigation.…And because we don't want it…to just land anywhere on the page,…we really want it to stay in that location,…we want to Lock to Master Location,…and click Continue.…
Now anytime we place it on the page,…
- Using widgets
- Setting up interactions
- Building an adaptive page
- Styling pages and widgets
- Creating forms
- Adding text fields, dropdowns, and check boxes
- Hiding and showing menus
- Creating carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Learn Sketch: Mobile Design Workflowswith Diane Cronenwett1h 30m Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
Foundations of UX: Usability Testingwith Chris Nodder1h 29m Beginner
1. Axure Quick Start
2. Adaptive vs. Responsive Design
3. Style Your Pages
5. Adding Interactivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.